Pages

Sunday, April 11

How Strong is Barbed Wire? or Business Ideas

I requested another subscription today: Clay Collins of Project Mojave and sent him the following list of possibilities for me. His "supervisor" Tracy wrote a post which gives me heart though:

*Steve Riley-you should read this-sounds exactly like us! http://tinyurl.com/y32kcsl

1.Rural Public transportation-there's inter city public transport but no intra city transport in Oklahoma and I'm          sure other places as well.
2.Rural Recycling and transport to appropriate places (The nearest glass recycling place is 1.5 hours away and I'm pretty close to Tulsa)
3.Teaching farmers how to collect rainwater with fence gutters (which will stand up to cow/horse butting  & no, I haven't invented this quite yet...)
4.Garden/Tool/Bike/Car share in less dense population centers
5.Environmental education about pasture/trash/tire burning and reasonable alternatives for busy/poor farmers
6. As a mental health therapist, I feel "stuck" semi helping one child or one family at a time. I want to help millions of people treat each other and themselves better.
7. How to raise money for (after my own & family's freedom) Habitat for Humanity, Bill & Melinda Gates' AIDS Foundation and free higher education in the United States.


Yes, the first 5 would be in real life businesses, unless of course, the expanding broadband into rural areas federal legislation passes!

At this point, I think I want to provide services and inspiration and education to the great uneducated masses.


Signing off now to complete day job responsibilities-

HippieTherapist

No comments:

Post a Comment